Thursday, April 15, 2010

Changes

Updating any farmhouse takes some work. Making a 130 year old farmhouse wheelchair accessible takes a LOT of work, and a LOT of people. Since Monday, the farm has seen our general contractor and his crew, our electrician and his crew, the tile guy, the plumber and his crew, our heating guy, and our painter. The progress in three days has been pretty amazing.

New ramp from the living room to the master bedroom



New ramp from the bedroom porch to the kitchen porch and the kitchen porch to the driveway

This ended up being way longer than we thought- four and a half years in a wheelchair and I still haven't grasped the whole one foot run for an inch of rise concept. This went up yesterday while we were at work and totally blew our minds. I can't wait to see the top put on it so I can use it.

Future master bathroom


I just got a call from Dale, who is our general contractor, asking what side of the bed I sleep on so the electrician can install an additional lightswitch, so I can turn off the lights without having to transfer into my chair, cross the room and back into bed in the dark.
This guy rocks my world.

And on the animal front: Adam got a few steps closer to making friends with his Niobe.

1 comment: