Sunday, January 27, 2013

A little bit of random

A couple shots of what's in the mill right now, whenever I had time and my camera handy and something caught my eye.


For starters, our sign!  I don't remember if the logo has been displayed here before, but this is the old Skirted Fleece Farm logo transformed into the new Skirted Fleece Mill logo.  It started with a pen drawing Adam made that was cleaned up and made official looking by our graphic designer.  My mom got us the sign for Christmas and Adam hung it by our shop door this week.  Pretty spiff, huh?



And now inside the door.  A tiny peek at the shop.  Adam's dad made the shelves and I can't wait to see them filled with yarn.


Who couldn't use sparkly needles to brighten up winter knitting?

The All Important Shop Dog- Thora- making sure no patch of sunshine ever goes to waste.


Three bags full?  Giant tubs of fluff are way more fun.  This is ready for the carder- and comes from a single batch of two fleeces!


A beautifully soft and squishy Merino/Corriedale blend coming out of the fiber separator.  This was part of today's project.


And this is what is waiting in the wings, ready to be washed when a drying rack opens up.  A lot of it is Corriedale, which will eventually become a line of stripey sock yarns.

I washed about four pounds of the Corrie today, to get it ready for the trainer.
The top is still in the grease, the bottom is snowy white and clean.  I can't wait to see it spun up and dyed.








1 comment:

  1. Love the photos! It would be really cool to see the process if you can post that online - I love pictures of machines.

    ReplyDelete