Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Earning Their Keep

A few weeks ago I stopped into our local yarn store and was talking with the owner, who has been waiting to get her hands on yak fiber for her shop.  No yak fiber yet, but I did mention that we have bags of angora, just sitting around. 

And one thing let to another...

So for the last few weeks, Adam and I have been

taking the bunny fluff...


running it through the drum carder...


weighing out one ounce batts...


and boxing up "Bunny Clouds." 

Ten boxes are going to hit the shelves of "The Gentle Arts" in Honesdale tomorrow, and honestly, I don't know about him but I'm a little terrified.  I don't know if I'm more worried that they won't sell at all, or that they'll all sell out and then we'll have nothing new to stock.  Nova and Storm were just plucked, leaving only Nimbus left to do and then we'll have no more angora for another three months.  I'm having terrifying visions of us hovering over the cages, pleading with rabbits to grow hair faster. 

That is not a life I would like to live. 

So keep your fingers crossed for us, as the very first ever Skirted Fleece Farm product heads out for sale.





Also- Adam designed the new logo for the farm.  I think it's awesome!  

3 comments:

  1. I want one! If you make them available online or mail order or something let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool! and I definitely think this means you need more bunnies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, congratulations! I'm sure they'll sell well :)

    ReplyDelete