Monday, May 24, 2010

Busy Saturday



Over the past week, I had a breakthrough with Gaia, who has suddenly decided that humans are ok and humans who come bearing grass are more than ok.  I got her to take grass from me, which was a big success for me, since Adam has gotten to be the first one to feed all the other yaks by hand.  But Gaia is my favorite, and I'm glad she warmed up to me first.  It also helps that she's a clover addict.  Humans with clover are her favorite.
Sometimes I have a little help from Thora

who has taken to her role as a farm dog as well as any newfie could.  She particularly likes supervising mucking out the corrals.  (I think it's all the new and exciting smells to roll in.  Very gross)




Adam had a much bigger breakthrough though, as he got to feed Eirene and Gaia for the first time from inside the corral.  No fences, no barriers.  It helped that Pullo was inside the barn at the time as he makes pretty much everything more complicated.

Adam and Gaia

 and Eirene

Afterward we got the lavender beds by the corral planted:

and took a nap on the porch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment